Friday, May 21, 2010

The Bear Flow Chart



Melbi learned more about her hugging addiction with Mikako today.

I wasn't the best patient in the world this afternoon. I couldn't concentrate properly and was quite annoyed by Mikako's questions. It wasn't Mikako's fault, it was me who was too scared to look inside myself and admit and accept it. Those questions sounds simple and straight forward, but it was a horrifying experience.

The first goal Mikako and I set was to overcome my hugging addiction. As simple as it seems, I found it impossible to believe that one day I'll be able to live happy and free without getting hugs. And it is the feeling that makes me understand why it is so hard for Shrav and Matt the quit smoking. It is not just as simple as "quit smoking", the psychological problems behind the addiction is a difficult one to tackle.

Mikako was right. Asking people for hugs is socially unacceptable and can be dangerous sometimes. For me, it is rather embarrasing when asking for hugs, and even worse when I got rejected. Once I thought the addiction itself is not so poisonous, but the addiction is eating me away slowly from time to time.

So Melbi is making a statement here, "I'm quitting my hugging addiction, (XXth attempt) and will not give up until the goal is completely obtained."

3 comments:

  1. Hope u alright. At least u got my "Hug" :P Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe! for all the support you provided through those tough high school days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, you will definitely overcome this issue just as you have overcome everything else in the past. That is your major strength, the ability to overcome anything even if it seems impossible. Never give up! You can do it! Add oil!

    ReplyDelete